GENERAL NEWS FROM This U3A
- Membership renewal will commence from 1st April 2019, all current members need to complete a membership form and pay the appropriate fee to Mike Brandt. Mike is emailing details to all our current membership, but a new membership form is available here.
- A basic Red Cross First Aid was ran recently for some members of this U3A at the Gamston Village Hall. There is a free online national training scheme, called the "Community Save a Life Scheme", designed to teach everyone basic life saving skills. It can be accessed here.
- From 2019 this U3A will have a Facebook page - click the link on our Homepage.
- A new IT / Computer advice page has been added to this website, all the computer guides it contains are courtesy of Ravenshead U3A and we are extremely grateful to them for providing this information.
- Our Open Meeting on 9th November was a great success with many visitors coming along and finding about this U3A. We had 14 people enroll to become members and there is continued interest from members in starting a Science based interest group. The meeting was supported by 2 local Rushcliffe Borough councillors ( Cllrs Cooper and Wheeler ). Edwalton & Gamston U3A would like to extend our thanks to them for there ongoing financial and personal support for our U3A.
- The Security Page has been updated with more Videos provided by the Metropolitan FALCON unit (Fraud and Linked Crime Online), covering advice including Payment and Online Fraud.
- This U3A was able to send a donation of over £100 to the Trent First Responders who delivered a talk at our September meeting.
- This U3A is now a member of the Nottinghamshire Network of U3A's.
- Did you know if you book a holiday with Rivieria Travel 10% of the cost can be denoted to your U3A. See the news item in the July newsletter for more information and contact details.
- The Nottinghamshire U3A Network have negotiated a special rate for U3A members to attend the Silver Screen Show at the Broadway Cinema, showing on Thursday (usually at 10:30 am and 1:30 pm), normal price £5 but with a U3A card you get in for a reduced rate of £4.50. If you are a member and don't have a card see the membership secretary or one of the committee.
NEWS ABOUT SPECIAL INTEREST GROUPS
- A new Science Interest Group has been established with 3 members offering to help establish and lead the group, watch out for details in the Monthly Newsletter.
- A new Play Reading Group has been established, it will be looking at Shakespeare plays initially but not exclusively. Check out the latest Monthly Newsletter for more details.
- There is interest in starting a Church visiting group, watch out for more details.
U3A Trust News
Nothing to report at the moment