GENERAL NEWS FROM This U3A
- Membership renewal will commence from 1st April 2019, all current members need to complete a membership form and pay the appropriate fee to Mike Brandt. Mike is emailing details to all our current membership, but a new membership form is available here.
- A basic Red Cross First Aid was ran recently for some members of this U3A at the Gamston Village Hall. There is a free online national training scheme, called the "Community Save a Life Scheme", designed to teach everyone basic life saving skills. It can be accessed here.
- This U3A is now a member of the Nottinghamshire Network of U3A's.
- Did you know if you book a holiday with Rivieria Travel 10% of the cost can be denoted to your U3A. See the news item in the July newsletter for more information and contact details.
- The Nottinghamshire U3A Network have negotiated a special rate for U3A members to attend the Silver Screen Show at the Broadway Cinema, showing on Thursday (usually at 10:30 am and 1:30 pm), normal price £5 but with a U3A card you get in for a reduced rate of £4.50. If you are a member and don't have a card see the membership secretary or one of the committee.
NEWS ABOUT SPECIAL INTEREST GROUPS
- A new Play Reading Group has been established, it will be looking at Shakespeare plays initially but not exclusively. Check out the latest Monthly Newsletter for more details.
- There is interest in starting a Church visiting group, watch out for more details.
U3A Trust News
Nothing to report at the moment