GENERAL NEWS FROM This U3A
- Our Open Meeting on 9th November was a great success with many visitors coming along and finding about this U3A. We had 14 people enroll to become members and there is continued interest from members in starting a Science based interest group. The meeting was supported by 2 local Rushcliffe Borough councillors ( Cllrs Cooper and Wheeler ). Edwalton & Gamston U3A would like to extend our thanks to them for there ongoing financial and personal support for our U3A.
- The Security Page has been updated with more Videos provided by the Metropolitan FALCON unit (Fraud and Linked Crime Online), covering advice including Payment and Online Fraud.
- Our annual Open Meeting is this Thursday 8th November, no speaker but an opportunity for people to come along and find out what we do, and whether they would like to join us.
- This U3A was able to send a donation of over £100 to the Trent First Responders who delivered a talk at our September meeting.
- This U3A is now a member of the Nottinghamshire Network of U3A's.
- The cake sale and the door takings were given to Maggies Charity who spoke at our June Monthly meeting, a total of £200.
- The photographic group are starting to add photos they have taken to the albums on their webpage.
- Did you know if you book a holiday with Rivieria Travel 10% of the cost can be denoted to your U3A. See the news item in the July newsletter for more information and contact details.
- The Nottinghamshire U3A Network have negotiated a special rate for U3A members to attend films at the Broadway Cinema, normal price £5 but with a U3A card you get in for a reduced rate of £4.50. If you are a member and don't have a card see the membership secretary or one of the committee.
NEWS ABOUT SPECIAL INTEREST GROUPS
- We are canvasing interest from our current membership in whether people think starting a science based special interest group would be desirable.
- The new Italien Group is starting soon, watch out for details in the latest Monthly Newsletter.
U3A Trust News
Nothing to report at the moment