GENERAL NEWS FROM This U3A
- We announce new members joining the committee Jo Cutts (speaker seeker), Sandra Morrey (Secretary) and Carol Shuttleworth (post not decided).
- The committee must replace the current Treasurer before the next AGM as he is has been in post for the maximum allowable term decreed by the U3A Trust rules. Anyone interested in the post should speak to George Golledge or any committee member asap.
- A basic Red Cross First Aid was ran recently for some members of this U3A at the Gamston Village Hall. There is a free online national training scheme, called the "Community Save a Life Scheme", designed to teach everyone basic life saving skills. It can be accessed here.
- Did you know if you book a holiday with Rivieria Travel 10% of the cost can be denoted to your U3A. See the news item in the latest newsletter for more information and contact details.
- The Nottinghamshire U3A Network have negotiated a special rate for U3A members to attend the Silver Screen Show at the Broadway Cinema, showing on Thursday (usually at 10:30 am and 1:30 pm), normal price £5 but with a U3A card you get in for a reduced rate of £4.50. If you are a member and don't have a card see the membership secretary or one of the committee.
NEWS ABOUT SPECIAL INTEREST GROUPS
- Sadly the Walking Group has folded due to lack of support from members. Should a member being willing to lead the group in the future we will resurrect it.
- There are 3 new groups being discussed at the moment - German, Concert Going and Board Games - please watch out for announcements in the Monthly Newsletter for more details as they are announced..
- There is interest in starting up a Church visiting group, watch out for more details.
- A Sunday Singles Group has been suggested as a possible new group, look out for more details in the latest Monthly Newsletter.
U3A Trust News
No news at present.